The Tacoma Arts Commission and its staff play a vital role in supporting Tacoma's arts and cultural programs. They encourage the development of the local arts community through the administration of arts and cultural funding programs, managing the City's public art collection, and producing a variety of public programs that enhance and contribute to Tacoma's local economy.
For more information and a full list of opportunities visit cityoftacoma.org/artsopps.
The City of Tacoma, in partnership with the Port of Tacoma, is seeking an artist or artist team to create an iconic Centennial artwork for the Port. The artwork should celebrate and tell the story of the Port, and be informed by the Port’s rich history as a regional economic engine and international connector. The artwork will be located at Fireman’s Park in downtown Tacoma, WA (801 A Street).
See the full Call to Artists at cityoftacoma.org/artsopps.
- Applicant(s) must live in Washington State, Oregon, or California.
- Applicant(s) can apply as a single artist or as an artist team.
- Applicant(s) must be 18 years or older and not a full-time student.
- Applicant(s) must be a professional artist.
- Applicant(s) cannot be a member of the Tacoma Arts Commission, or an employee of the City or Port.
People who are members of historically disenfranchised racial, ethnic, cultural, and other identity groups are encouraged to apply.
QUESTIONS? Contact Rebecca Solverson Rebecca.email@example.com 253-591-5564